A sturdy fixed blade makes a valuable addition to any survival kit, whether it’s in the trunk of your car, your EDC backpack, or your plate carrier. Folding knives are great for many everyday tasks, but a fixed blade will hold up to heavy-duty uses such as batoning wood. SOG has announced a new combat knife called the Recondo FX that’s designed to withstand these uses in the hands of armed professionals and prepared citizens.
The new SOG Recondo FX features a 4.6-inch clip point blade with full-tang construction and a rubber-overmolded handle. It’s built from 440C stainless steel that has been cryogenically hardened to 58-60 HRC to improve wear resistance, and it’s finished in a black TiNi ceramic coating. The handle features strong contours and texture to lock in your grip, and there’s a hole for a lanyard as well.
Four variants of the SOG Recondo FX will be available — black or FDE handle, and straight or serrated edge. Each knife includes a Universal Mounting System (UMS) polymer sheath that’s ambidextrous and includes toolless tension adjustment to achieve your preferred balance between retention and a smooth draw. The UMS system allows for attachment to PALS webbing, belts, and Velcro loop material.
The new Recondo FX is still listed as “coming soon” on SOG’s web site, but we anticipate it will be available in the next few months. MSRP for all versions is $130. For more info, go to SOGknives.com.
- Tailor-Made ARs: Choosing the Best AR-15 ModsIs there a combination of the best AR-15 mods, accessories, and technologies that can be condensed into a single do-all survival rifle? We set out to accomplish just that.
- The TAV “Ranger Goat” Overland Tacoma BuildAfter his cousin passed, Walt inherited the truck and decided to use it to keep his legacy alive by building it into an overland Tacoma.
- Jerry Saunders Interview: At Home in the InhospitableJerry Saunders is a Marine veteran, bladesmith, founder of Corvus Survival, and expert in cold-weather survival skills.
- How to Carry Your Handheld Emergency RadioUnlike cell towers, HAM radio doesn’t get overwhelmed during crises. This is why it’s wise to carry a handheld emergency radio in your survival kit.
- Independence Training External Ballistics & Rifle Optics Class ReviewPrecision shooting requires a solid understanding of external ballistics — in other words, how a bullet moves after it leaves the gun.
- New: Leupold Patrol 6HD 1-6x24mm LPVOThe Patrol 6HD offers 1-6x magnification, High-Definition glass, two illuminated reticle options, and a motion sensor to save battery life.
- Lessons from a Soviet Union Collapse & Chernobyl SurvivorAfter living through the collapse of the Soviet Union and the fallout of Chernobyl, Greg Mihovich understands the value of preparedness.
- Fieldcraft Survival 72-Hour Ziploc Bag ChallengeFieldcraft Survival founder Mike Glover challenged me to survive for 72 hours in the desert with only the contents of a 1-quart Ziploc bag.
- Letter from the Editor: The Things We CarryIt could be argued that being savvy about what tools are available to you is a survival skill. This issue, we discuss gear for emergencies.
The post New: SOG Recondo FX Fixed Blade Knife appeared first on RECOIL OFFGRID.
Leave a Reply